1. Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL), a Govt. of India Undertaking, functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Defence, Dept of Defence Production & Supplies, New Delhi is a Mini Ratna Category-1 Company engaged in Shipbuilding. Ship repairing and General Engineering with the Registered Office and Yard at Vasco-Da-Gama, Goa, 403 802.
2. Ministry of Defence (Navy) has nominated GSL for construction of Mine Counter Measure Vessels (MCMVs) required by the Indian Navy (IN) with Transfer of Technology (ToT) from foreign shipyard to be built in its Yard at Goa and further GSL intends to absorb the technology for construction of MCMVs in future.
3. In order to implement the MCMV programme within the timelines, GSL intends to prequalify foreign Shipyards with proven capability for design and construction of GRP single skin non stiffened structure MCMVs.
4. The qualified foreign Shipyards as a result of this qualification process will be issued RFP for supply of design. Transfer of technology and related processes, equipment and provide specifications for required infrastructure deliverables and Guaranty the performance of vessels to be constructed by GSL as per IN Specifications.
5. In view of the above, GSL has floated a Global Expression of Interest (EOI) for prequalifying suitable shipyards for participation in the ToT for MCMVs. The EOI document can be downloaded from the website www.goashipyard.co.in/tenders
from 01 September 2015. The advertisement in this regard has been published in the Economic Times on 31 August 2015 (Page 8). It will also appear in the Financial Times London and Indian Trade Journal Kolkata.
6. I would therefore request you to kindly wide publicity of this EOI to the prospective shipyards in Korea who are keen to participate in this EOI.